1. Corporate Governance and Acquirer Returns, (with Ronald Masulis and Fei Xie), August 2007, Journal of Finance 62, 1851-1889. Top 10 most-cited papers published at Journal of Finance in 2007 (reported by Journal of Finance)
2. Corporate Governance Transfer and Synergistic Gains from Mergers and Acquisitions, (with Fei Xie), February 2009, Review of Financial Studies 22, 829-858.
3. Agency Problems at Dual-Class Companies, (with Ronald Masulis and Fei Xie), 2009, Journal of Finance, 64, 1697-1727 Top 10 most-cited papers published at Journal of Finance in 2009 (reported by Journal of Finance)
4. Do Executive Stock Options Induce Excessive Risk Taking? (with Zhiyong Dong and Fei Xie), October 2010, Journal of Banking and Finance 34, 2518-2529.
5. Globalizing the Boardroom - The Effects of Foreign Directors on Corporate Governance and Firm Performance (with Ronald Masulis and Fei Xie), 2012, Journal of Accounting and Economics 53, 527-554 2015 Emerald Citations of Excellence for 2015
6. Industry Expertise of Independent Directors and Board Monitoring (with Fei Xie and Min Zhu), 2015, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 50, 929-962.
7. Foreign Cash: Taxes, Internal Capital Markets, and Agency Problems (with Jarrad Harford and Kuo Zhang), 2017, Review of Financial Studies 30, 1490-1538.
8. CEO Inside Debt and Accounting Conservatism (with Fei Xie and Xiangang Xin), 2018, Contemporary Accounting Research 35, 2131–2159.
9. Employee-Manager Alliances and Shareholder Returns from Acquisitions (with Ronald Masulis and Fei Xie), forthcoming, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
1. Labor Unemployment Risk and CEO Incentive Compensation (with Andrew Ellul and Kuo Zhang) (2015 EFA, 2016 AFA)
2. Financial Fraud and Analyst Reputation (with Xiumin Martin and Xiangang Xin)
3. Older and Wiser, or Too Old to Govern? (with Ronald Masulis, Fei Xie, and Shuran Zhang) (2017 AFA)